Please note that following changes may only be made once an entry has been accepted and paid for by the rider to whom the invite was sent.
Cancellations and refunds are only accepted if the organisers can fill the spot with a team from the waiting list, regardless of the date of withdrawal.
If a cancellation is approved by the organisers the following terms, conditions and charges will apply:
- Before 20 January, a cancellation fee of R 2500 will apply to all ZAR based entries and $250 to all US Dollar based entries.
- Between 20 January and 10 March, a cancellation fee of R5000 applies to all ZAR based entries and $500 to all US Dollar based entries. Please note, the team will only be refunded after the 2017 race.
- After 10 March no cancellations will be accepted, unless agreed to by the organisers.
We recommend that riders take out private insurance to cover this possibility.
To avoid the cancellation penalties, a team can arrange for a new team to take their entry. Please refer to the rider changes section for more information.
No refund will be payable if a rider’s entry is cancelled by the race organisers due to ineligibility under the race rules (e.g. being found guilty of a doping offence).
Optional extra services purchased are neither transferable nor refundable. However, if a team withdraws and we are able to sell the optional extra (e.g. confirmed hotel room) to another team, we will refund the team.
A 15% admin/cancellation fee applies to all optional extra refunds.
Please contact the Rider Team if you wish to cancel at firstname.lastname@example.org
The riders within a confirmed and paid for team can be changed by completing the following steps:
- The rider dropping out of the race must do so through their online profile.
- The remaining rider must then sign into their online profile and pay the applicable rider change fee. (Please note that only credit card payments are are accepted for rider changes.)
- The remaining rider may then invite a new partner providing that person already has an online profile.
The following fees apply to the change of riders:
- Before 20 January: R500 per rider change
- Between 20 January and 01 March: R1000 per rider change
- Between 02 March and Registration: R2500 per rider change (Please note that must be paid at the Registration venue.)
Full Team Change
If an unregistered team wishes to take over the entry of a registered team, a double rider change can be performed in the online profile. The above associated costs and dates will apply.